While we strive to deliver the most accurate information, external websites (including public/state/federal and private resources) are subject to their own privacy policies. They are responsible for their own content, which is subject to change beyond our control.
Landlords and property managers, are your tenants in need of assistance with their rent payments, HOA fees, utilities, or internet?
May 26nd, 2020
Monday, June 1, 2020 at 11:59 pm is the deadline to apply for the COVID Cares Pinellas Financial Assistance Program for help with:
- Rent payment
- Mortgage payment
- HOA Fees
- Electric, water, and home gas payment
- Internet (for schooling, remote work, and job-seeking)
The grants to help individuals and families are being coordinated by Pinellas County with 2-1-1- Tampa Bay Cares. To apply, text COVIDCARES to 898211 for a simple eligibility review and to learn the next steps. No phone screening is initially required to apply. All submission, review and payments will be done virtually. Some documentation will be required. For more information, visit 211tampabay.org/programs/covid-cares/
NEW! PPP Loan Forgiveness.
May 27nd, 2020
On May 15, the Small Business Administration and the Department of the Treasury released the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness Application and detailed instructions for the application, which you can find here .
On May 22nd, the SBA released interim final rules related to some of the talking points about the Paycheck Protection Program Loan forgiveness rules. What follows clarifies some of the points that the Loan Forgiveness Application left open, in addition to a couple of changes. The 26-page document is a welcome release of information that will greatly assist those seeking PPP loan forgiveness, which you can find here .
For more resources, visit the SBA PPP loan forgiveness page here .
May 22nd, 2020
The Florida Surgeon General has worked with Florida REALTORS® and we want to share the new guidelines on hosting in-person open houses. Stellar MLS is working is re-establish the Open House option by 4:00 p.m., Friday, May 22.
Unemployment information for contacting legislators and Florida REALTORS® legal hotline assistance
May 15th, 2020
This PDF contains updated recommendations for applying for the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program, including how to contact your legislator for assistance if you are still experiencing difficulties.
Florida Legal Hotline PUA Assistance
As a member benefit, the Florida REALTORS® Legal Hotline is there to answer your PUA application questions for FREE.
Call: 407-438-1409<br/Hours: 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.,
Monday through Friday
PUA Unemployment update
April 29nd, 2020
Revised May 8th, 2020
NEW! Step-by-step guide to applying for PUA benefits
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity published a step-by-step guide — with screenshots of the online portal — to help independent contractors and self-employed individuals apply for federal unemployment benefits.
If you submitted an unemployment application on or before April 4, YOU NEED TO APPLY AGAIN .
If you submitted an application on or after April 5, you DO NOT need to reapply. In both cases, you will not get access to the PUA application until the state unemployment office has processed your state benefits application and denied your state benefits. Only then will access to the PUA application appear in the CONNECT system.
Confused? A DEO flowchart helps explain the process.
As a member benefit, the Florida REALTORS® Legal Hotline is there to answer your PUA application questions for FREE.
- Call: 407-438-1409
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday
April 22nd, 2020
Courtesy of NAR, this PDF compares these two vital relief programs.
April 13th, 2020
Revised April 18th, 2020
Based on available information, PRO/CPRO has assembled a comparison FAQ of:
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) grant
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
This information is being provided to assist Realtors and Brokers with timely and distilled information on complex, very recent developments that may still change or be clarified. PRO/CPRO makes no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of the information. For the most accurate and current information, please consult the proper authorities linked in the PDF.
April 8th, 2020
PRO/CPRO and Greater Tampa REALTORS (GTR) have joined forces to offer our members even more online professional development tools. Members will now be able to take advantage of each association’s members-only pricing for classes, and CE credit will now be issued for some of those classes. Our PROScholar program of heavily discounted designation and certification courses is nationally recognized, and we will be able to educate even more REALTORS with this partnership.
April 2nd, 2020
NAR is offering members and their family 2 months of TeleHealth for free.Enrollment is limited, so they ask that you check first with your insurance provider, even if it’s Medicare, as you may already have access to telemedicine. Learn more at NAR’s website.
Florida State Stay at Home Order
April 1st, 2020
Real Estate Remains Essential
On April 1, 2020, Governor DeSantis just released a statewide ‘Stay-at-Home’ order effective Thursday, April 2, 2020 at midnight. PRO/CPRO is delighted to report that the Governor’s Executive Order (PDF) will abide by the list of essential businesses and services outlined by the Department of Homeland Security, which identifies Residential and Commercial Real Estate Services, including settlement services, as essential.
Your health and safety is our first priority and anyone who continues to work to provide this essential service in providing shelter to our citizens must abide by the CDC guidelines to protect themselves and their customers and clients. Easy to follow prevention steps may be found here: https://www.nar.realtor/coronavirus-a-guide-for-realtors#general-guidance
As we continue to walk through these unprecedented times, we need to remember that we are all in this together. Florida Realtors has built a Covid-19 Resource center that is updated daily https://www.floridarealtors.org/news-media/news-articles/2020/03/latest-information-coronavirus-realtors-florida
We will continue to keep you updated.
Federal COVID-19 Rescue Bill
March 27th, 2020
Read NAR’s comprehensive guide to all benefits for REALTORS® and their customers to learn how $2.2T is being allocated in ways that affect our industry.
Notice to Members
March 20th, 2020
Please note: As this situation develops, dates and details are subject to change from those stated in the original publication.
CLOSURE NOTICE: PRO and CPRO offices will be closed to members from Monday, March 23 through Wednesday, April 15. While our building is physically closed, we are open virtually and will continue to serve you. Our classes will live stream online and we will support you via email, phone, and live chat from our website. Please watch the video from our Chairman of the Board and President & CEO for more information:
Monthly Dues Billing Option Now Available
March 21th, 2020
We are happy to announce that automatic monthly billing of membership dues is now available [click for form]
It is a convenient, automatic, prepayment of 2021 REALTOR dues in small installments. It does NOT include Stellar MLS fees. All you have to do is sign up, enter your payment info, and we’ll handle the rest.
Streaming Class Update
March 19th, 2020
PRO/CPRO 2020 Chairman of the Board Cyndee Haydon and President & CEO David Bennett proudly announce that we received NAR’s approval to offer NAR Designation and Certification courses through our live streaming classes! Visit http://pinellasrealtor.org/calendar to view the education calendar and sign up for classes today.
PRO/CPRO First Notice Regarding COVID-19
March 13th, 2020
The Pinellas REALTOR® Organization (PRO) and the Central Pasco REALTOR® Organization (CPRO) considers the health and safety of our members and employees our top priority. With the increased concern around COVID-19, commonly referred to as coronavirus, we want to offer the following information. Your REALTOR® Organization is trying to balance precautionary measures, while still providing needed member services.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that most people in the U.S. do not have an immediate risk of exposure to the virus. However, the situation is rapidly evolving. You can access up-to-date information about the current impact of the virus in the U.S. by visiting the CDC’s website.
Steps Taken by PRO & CPRO:
- PRO/CPRO will begin live streaming all classes effective March 23, 2020
- PRO/CPRO will maintain office hours at both locations (M-F 8:30am to 5:00pm)
- PRO/CPRO has increased the level of safety by disinfecting common surfaces more frequently with CDC recommended cleaning products.
- PRO/CPRO is providing additional hand sanitizers and antibacterial wipes throughout our facilities.
- PRO/CPRO will refund any registration fees you may have incurred for our classes or events if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or have concerns over the safety of our programs.
- PRO/CPRO requests that if you have recently traveled to a country or location with reported outbreaks or have been in close contact with someone who has traveled to such a location, please refrain from attending classes and events until confirming that you do not show symptoms
Individual Best Practices:
The same preventative measures recommended to prevent influenza are also effective in reducing the risk of contracting or spreading coronavirus. These measures include:
- Staying home if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu-like symptom
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
For information specific to your real estate business, please see NAR’s guide for REALTORS® .
David B. Bennett, CMX1, RCE, CAE
President & CEO
Cyndee Haydon, CRS, CIPS, SRS, RSPS, MRP, SFR, CLHMS
2020 Chairman of the Board
New! 5-County Market Reports, Published Weekdays
• Coronavirus: A Guide for REALTORS®
• Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act | Provisions for REALTORS® and Their Consumers
• NAR Is Providing 2 Months of TeleHealth Access to Members
• Coronavirus: Resources for Property Owners
• Coronavirus Emergency Legislation: What REALTORS® Need to Know
• Up to Date Info on Coronavirus from NAR
• NAR Open House Guidance During COVID-19
• COVID-19/Coronavirus In-Person Access Acknowledgment (PDF)
• COVID-19 and Contract Performance – Info from the FR Legal Team (PDF)
• Coronavirus (COVID-19) Extension Addendum to Contract
• The Latest Information on Coronavirus for Realtors in Florida
Pinellas County Economic Development
CARES Act/Financial Relief
• Overview: “Stimulus Package, SBA Loans and Unemployment Assistance”
• SBA: Program Overview for Borrowers
• SBA: Information Sheet for Borrowers
• SBA: Client Assistance Handout
• Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans FAQs
• Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Borrower Application Form
• Payroll Loan Amount Calculator
• Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Calculations Worksheet
Classes and Events
PRO/CPRO will begin live streaming all classes effective March 23, 2020. MLS Classees (StellarMLS) will stream now (see below).
Changes to a class or event will be updated on the individual class listing on our Education and Events Calendar (click here).
Previously registered attendees will be notified via email if their class has been changed.
Live streamed classes will be delivered via Zoom (click here) , which is free for users and available across platforms and devices.
Streaming will be live only. Classes must be attended in real-time in order to maintain a classroom environment, which includes real-time feedback/interaction between attendees and instructors as appropriate.
In-person training classes have been cancelled at this time. Live webinars are available for registration below for required and elective classes. If you prefer to complete your required education by taking a self-paced online class visit learn.stellarmls.com .
Affiliate Business Partners
Same as PRO/CPRO classes, our Affiliate events will be updated on our Education and Events Calendar (click here).