April 2nd, 2020
NAR is offering members and their family 2 months of TeleHealth for free.Enrollment is limited, so they ask that you check first with your insurance provider, even if it’s Medicare, as you may already have access to telemedicine. Learn more at NAR’s website.
Florida State Stay at Home Order
April 1st, 2020
Real Estate Remains Essential
On April 1, 2020, Governor DeSantis just released a statewide ‘Stay-at-Home’ order effective Thursday, April 2, 2020 at midnight. PRO/CPRO is delighted to report that the Governor’s Executive Order (PDF) will abide by the list of essential businesses and services outlined by the Department of Homeland Security, which identifies Residential and Commercial Real Estate Services, including settlement services, as essential.
Your health and safety is our first priority and anyone who continues to work to provide this essential service in providing shelter to our citizens must abide by the CDC guidelines to protect themselves and their customers and clients. Easy to follow prevention steps may be found here: https://www.nar.realtor/coronavirus-a-guide-for-realtors#general-guidance
As we continue to walk through these unprecedented times, we need to remember that we are all in this together. Florida Realtors has built a Covid-19 Resource center that is updated daily https://www.floridarealtors.org/news-media/news-articles/2020/03/latest-information-coronavirus-realtors-florida
We will continue to keep you updated.
Federal COVID-19 Rescue Bill
March 27th, 2020
Read NAR’s comprehensive guide to all benefits for REALTORS® and their customers to learn how $2.2T is being allocated in ways that affect our industry.
Notice to Members
March 20th, 2020
Please note: As this situation develops, dates and details are subject to change from those stated in the original publication.
CLOSURE NOTICE: PRO and CPRO offices will be closed to members from Monday, March 23 through Wednesday, April 15. While our building is physically closed, we are open virtually and will continue to serve you. Our classes will live stream online and we will support you via email, phone, and live chat from our website. Please watch the video from our Chairman of the Board and President & CEO for more information:
Monthly Dues Billing Option Now Available
March 21th, 2020
We are happy to announce that automatic monthly billing of membership dues is now available [click for form]
It is a convenient, automatic, prepayment of 2021 REALTOR dues in small installments. It does NOT include Stellar MLS fees. All you have to do is sign up, enter your payment info, and we’ll handle the rest.
Streaming Class Update
March 19th, 2020
PRO/CPRO 2020 Chairman of the Board Cyndee Haydon and President & CEO David Bennett proudly announce that we received NAR’s approval to offer NAR Designation and Certification courses through our live streaming classes! Visit http://pinellasrealtor.org/calendar to view the education calendar and sign up for classes today.
PRO/CPRO First Notice Regarding COVID-19
March 13th, 2020
The Pinellas REALTOR® Organization (PRO) and the Central Pasco REALTOR® Organization (CPRO) considers the health and safety of our members and employees our top priority. With the increased concern around COVID-19, commonly referred to as coronavirus, we want to offer the following information. Your REALTOR® Organization is trying to balance precautionary measures, while still providing needed member services.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that most people in the U.S. do not have an immediate risk of exposure to the virus. However, the situation is rapidly evolving. You can access up-to-date information about the current impact of the virus in the U.S. by visiting the CDC’s website.
Steps Taken by PRO & CPRO:
- PRO/CPRO will begin live streaming all classes effective March 23, 2020
- PRO/CPRO will maintain office hours at both locations (M-F 8:30am to 5:00pm)
- PRO/CPRO has increased the level of safety by disinfecting common surfaces more frequently with CDC recommended cleaning products.
- PRO/CPRO is providing additional hand sanitizers and antibacterial wipes throughout our facilities.
- PRO/CPRO will refund any registration fees you may have incurred for our classes or events if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or have concerns over the safety of our programs.
- PRO/CPRO requests that if you have recently traveled to a country or location with reported outbreaks or have been in close contact with someone who has traveled to such a location, please refrain from attending classes and events until confirming that you do not show symptoms
Individual Best Practices:
The same preventative measures recommended to prevent influenza are also effective in reducing the risk of contracting or spreading coronavirus. These measures include:
- Staying home if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu-like symptom
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
For information specific to your real estate business, please see NAR’s guide for REALTORS® .
David B. Bennett, CMX1, RCE, CAE
President & CEO
Cyndee Haydon, CRS, CIPS, SRS, RSPS, MRP, SFR, CLHMS
2020 Chairman of the Board
• Coronavirus: A Guide for REALTORS®
• Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act | Provisions for REALTORS® and Their Consumers
• NAR Is Providing 2 Months of TeleHealth Access to Members
• Coronavirus: Resources for Property Owners
• Coronavirus Emergency Legislation: What REALTORS® Need to Know
• Up to Date Info on Coronavirus from NAR
• NAR Open House Guidance During COVID-19
Pinellas County Economic Development
Classes and Events
PRO/CPRO will begin live streaming all classes effective March 23, 2020. MLS Classees (StellarMLS) will stream now (see below).
Changes to a class or event will be updated on the individual class listing on our Education and Events Calendar (click here).
Previously registered attendees will be notified via email if their class has been changed.
Live streamed classes will be delivered via Zoom (click here) , which is free for users and available across platforms and devices.
Streaming will be live only. Classes must be attended in real-time in order to maintain a classroom environment, which includes real-time feedback/interaction between attendees and instructors as appropriate.
In-person training classes have been cancelled at this time. Live webinars are available for registration below for required and elective classes. If you prefer to complete your required education by taking a self-paced online class visit learn.stellarmls.com .
Affiliate Business Partners
Same as PRO/CPRO classes, our Affiliate events will be updated on our Education and Events Calendar (click here).