All attendees of classes and events (whether in-person, on-location, off-location, or via internet streaming) must agree to our policies and terms below, which cover, and are not limited to: code of conduct, refunds, cancellations, no-shows, class misuse, video/photography waivers, and special accommodation requests.
PRO/CPRO Virtual Programs Code of Conduct
PRO/CPRO is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all professional development, event, and meeting participants. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, sponsors, PRO/CPRO staff members, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all PRO/CPRO meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than PRO/CPRO but held in conjunction with PRO/CPRO events, on public or private platforms.
PRO/CPRO has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, PRO/CPRO asks that you inform Angela Emerson, Vice President of Professional Development and Standards, so that we can take the appropriate action. She may be reached at 727-216-3007 or AEmerson@tampabayrealtor.com
Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, sponsor, PRO/CPRO staff member, or other virtual program guest
- Disruption of presentations during virtual programs
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers,job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space
Examples of verbal abuse that falls under the description of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to:
- Comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, or any other protected class
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images
- Threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, sponsor, PRO/CPRO staff member, or other meeting guest
All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any PRO/CPRO staff. PRO/CPRO reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the virtual program without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and PRO/CPRO reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
Established July 15, 2020
Video, photography, and recording waiver and usage
Refund, cancellation and no-show policies:
The registrant must submit a written cancellation request to PRO/CPRO at least 5 business days before the event to receive a full refund.
Example: If the event takes place on Wednesday, the member must notify PRO/CPRO by close of business the preceding Wednesday.
New Member Orientation – No-show and cancellation policy:
General education – No-show and cancellation policy:
PROScholar Program – No-show and cancellation policy:
Registrants for PROScholar courses, who cancel following the 5-business-day cancellation deadline or fail to attend the class will not receive a refund and will be assessed an administrative processing fee equal to the class registration fee.
Example: Register for a $30 PROScholar Class. The class is on a Wednesday and you do not cancel in writing before Wednesday of the previous week. You will be assessed a $30 administration processing fee in addition to the registration fee. In other words, you will pay $30 to attend the class or $60 for not attending, unless you cancel at least 5 business days prior to the class.