RPAC & REALTOR® Party
RPAC chairperson’s welcome
Change is a constant in our industry. Knowledge and in-depth understanding of today’s market are two of the most important tools we as REALTORS® need to excel within our industry. Even with this, ensuring our future success is not always ours, alone, to control. This is where the REALTOR® Political Action Committee proves vital.
RPAC lobbies on behalf of all real estate professionals at all levels of government, national, state and local, in support of the real estate community. RPAC is involved where you may suspect: lobbying against a sales tax on your real estate commissions, flood insurance reform, property tax reform, affordable benefits for REALTOR® members, and one of the biggest issues facing homeowner’s right now – retaining the mortgage interest reduction that we can claim on our annual tax returns.
It is my honor to serve as your RPAC Committee Chairperson for 2022. I urge all members to show their commitment to our industry by supporting RPAC. All investments can make an enormous impact!
RPAC Fundraising Chair 2022
Contributions are used to help candidates from all parties who understand and support both our interests in the real estate industry and our homeowners. Here are a few areas in which RPAC has helped you and your clients:
- Across Florida in 2020, more than 95% of the State House and Senate candidates endorsed by Florida REALTORS® won their elections
- Real estate industry designated as essential service
- Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Assistance for REALTORS®
- Payroll Protection Program available to REALTORS®
- Prevented a sales tax on your real estate commissions
- Flood insurance reform
- Property tax reform
- Affordable benefits for REALTOR® members
- Retained the annual mortgage interest deduction
- RPAC also played a large part in the extension of the First Time Homebuyer tax credit which aided in the revitalization of a slumping housing market by making homeownership more affordable for families across the nation.
Vote. Act. Invest.
The REALTOR® Party is a powerful alliance of REALTORS® and REALTOR® Associations working to advance public policies and candidates that build strong communities, protect property interests and promote a vibrant business environment.
REALTOR® Party Orientation Video (NAR)
Pints and Politics
Have a drink and a chat with local politicians and your fellow members while supporting local busineses!
Keep on eye on our events calendar and follow PRO/CPRO on Facebook for dates.
Who we are
Uniting of the Lions
One of the benefits of being a top investor is having exclusive access to VIP events and communications, as well as recognized as a "Lion" among members.
Local candidate recommendation process
It’s of utmost importance that PRO/CPRO recommends candidates who have the real estate industry’s best interest at heart. Their decisions affect both REALTOR® members and members of the public. The process below shows how we arrive at recommending them: