Information collection and use - pinellasrealtor.org is accessible to everyone, but only members of the Pinellas Realtor® Organization (PRO) may access certain tools and information, primarily the membership portal. To view the information within the portal, PRO members must login with their member ID. We compare your login info to our membership records and the personal profiles.
Your privacy is very important to us and we won’t sell, share or rent this information to others, except in the ways outlined below. PRO collects information from our users at several different points on our Web site in order to verify valid users and is the sole owner of the information collected on this site.
This Web site takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When you submit sensitive information through the Web site, your information is protected both online and off- line. When a registration/order form asks you for information such as credit card number, the info is encrypted (meaning it’s turned into a mess of useless data) before it leaves your computer. Once it arrives here, we have the code that can sort out the data, and we’re the only ones with the code, which changes constantly. We use the encryption software SSL.
If you have questions about security, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie in the Internet world is a piece of data stored on your hard drive that has some connection to a Web site you visited. It generally contains info about you that makes it easier to visit that site. It could, for example, store your login information, which would save you time if you try to link to a password-protected section of pinellasrealtor.org since it already recognizes you as an PRO member. Cookies are pretty standard in the Internet industry, and a huge number of Web sites use them. Cookies also allow us to track visits to different areas of the site, which gives us a pretty nifty tool for figuring out which areas we should improve and expand, and which areas we should quietly allow to pass into history.
If you don’t like being recognized, however, you can reject the cookie and remain absolutely anonymous. That may limit your use of a handful of areas on pinellasrealtor.org, though. In addition, third-party vendors produce some Web site services offered by pinellasrealtor.org. In those cases, the independent vendors may also place cookies on your hard drive. PRO has no control over these cookies.
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties, other than with our subsidiaries. We will share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers, but that info isn’t linked to personal information that can identify you. We could tell another company, for example, that 85 percent of pinellasrealtor.org Web site visitors took a survey and here are the results, but we can’t say that you clicked on a survey. (Even if you did.)
We partner with other service providers to provide specific services. When you sign up for these PRO-sponsored services, we will share your name or other contact information, as necessary, to the third party that provides these services. Third parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Sometimes our site requests information from users via surveys. Participation in these surveys is voluntary and you may choose whether or not to disclose this information simply by not taking the survey. (Sometimes things are simple.) A survey could ask for information such as a name and address, as well as demographic information, such as your zip code or age.
If you wish to subscribe to our association newsletters, we ask for contact information, such as name and e-mail address. PRO members have the opportunity to “opt-out” of having their information used for purposes not directly related to our site at the point where we ask for the information. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, for example, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on unsubscribe in the e-mail communications sent to you by PRO.
Exceptions: Certain types of e-mail correspondence don’t have opt-out capabilities if you’re an active PRO member, such as the occasional notice of a major breaking news event to Florida licensees, e-mails sent to members of an PRO committee, billing emails, and other Web site and service announcements.
When using pinellasrealtor.org, please keep the following guidelines in mind.
- The information posted on the web site is owned by PRO or someone else and cannot be reproduced or otherwise used by you without the owner’s permission.
- Where you are given the opportunity to post information or pictures to the web site for viewing by others, be sure that such information or pictures are not inaccurate, unlawful or infringing upon the rights of others.
- Please don’t interfere with other PRO members’ privacy expectations by scraping or otherwise using their personal information, our code, etc. for your own (or anyone else’s) commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- If you witness any violation of this agreement, please report it to email@example.com
Agreement In consideration of being allowed to use this web site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. Use of this web site in any manner shall constitute your acceptance of the following terms:
- Passwords. Members of PRO will be issued a user ID and password (which you may subsequently change) to access password-protected sections of the web site. You agree not to provide your user ID or password or to otherwise grant access to password-protected sections of the web site to any other person and, if you do so in violation of this Agreement, you will be held responsible for: (a) providing access to the web site in violation of the terms of this Agreement, (b) the online conduct of such person; (c) monitoring such person’s access to and use of the web site; and (d) the consequences of any use of the web site by such person.
- Restrictions on use. This web site is owned and operated by PRO and contains data, text, graphics, code, software and other content (“Web Site Content”) that is supplied and owned by PRO and other sources, and is protected by copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. Unless otherwise expressly and specifically permitted by usage terms relating to specific Web Site Content, you may not:
• modify, copy or reproduce the Web Site Content;
• republish, upload, post, transmit or publicly display the Web Site Content to or through your personal web site, e-mail or any other medium;
• prepare derivative works based on the Web Site Content; or
• provide or distribute the Web Site Content to third parties, or allow any third parties to use Web Site content.
Provided PRO members keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices, they may print, download and use Web Site Content for:
• personal reference,
• use in PRO members’ real estate business provided such use conforms to any usage terms posted on the web site
• other uses where express written consent is obtained from PRO (including consent posted on this Web site) and such use is in accordance with the terms of the written consent.
Screen scraping or using other means to extract Web Site Content or data in bulk from this web site or its related applications is strictly prohibited.
- Information provided by you. Some of the services offered in connection with the web site require or permit you to provide information. If you use such services, you agree to:
• provide accurate, truthful and complete information;
• refrain from entering false, misleading, fraudulent, discriminatory, infringing, defamatory or illegal information;
• obtain the necessary use rights needed to use and display any content you post to the web site;
• regularly and promptly update or delete content that becomes out-of-date
• allow others to use the information you post in accordance with the purpose of the particular service where the information is used; and
• promptly remove any information that is thought to violate the above provisions upon the request of PRO.
You will be responsible for all content you provide for use on the web site; PRO will not be responsible for the content you provide for display on the web site. PRO and its service providers reserve the right to take any action reasonably necessary upon notice of a potential claim to mitigate their exposure to liability for contributory or vicarious infringement, defamation or other claims arising from, relating to or based upon any content you provide to the web site, including removing such content and turning off your access to the web site or portions thereof. Such action will not be considered a breach or default by PRO or its service providers.
- Web site content ownership; trademarks. Web Site Content (other than that which you provide) is owned by PRO and its licensors. The Web Site Content is intended solely to provide business information to authorized users of the web site. PRO and licensors do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of, or otherwise endorse, the views, opinions or recommendations appearing on the web site, or advocate the purchase, sale or use of any Web Site Content, service or product offered in connection with the Web site. pinellasrealtor.org is the registered trademark of PRO, and all trademarks, service marks and trade names used on the web site are the property of PRO, its subsidiary, or their respective owners, and may not be copied, downloaded or otherwise exploited without the permission of PRO or the owner of such trademark, service mark or trade name.
- Infringement policy. PRO, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512 as amended by Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “Act”), reserves the right, but not the obligation, to terminate your license to use the Web site if it determines in its sole and absolute discretion that you are involved in infringing activity, including alleged acts of first-time or repeat infringement, regardless of whether the material or activity is ultimately determined to be infringing. PRO accommodates and does not interfere with standard technical measures used by copyright owners to protect their materials. In addition, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512(c), PRO, on behalf of itself, has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements and for processing such claims in accordance with the Act. PRO’s designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement is: David Bennett, Pinellas REALTOR® Organization, 4590 Ulmerton Rd, Clearater, Florida 33762, Phone: 727-216-3002 Fax: 727-231-8060 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, any written notice regarding any defamatory or infringing activity, whether of a copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary right, should be sent to our designated agent, listed above, and must include the following information:
A. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of (1) the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or (2) the person defamed.
B. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site. Similarly for other types of infringing materials, a list of such materials.
C. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, to be the subject of infringing activity, or that is claimed to be defamatory and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
D. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and/or electronic mail address.
E. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or other proprietary right owner, its agent, or the law.
F. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or on behalf of the person defamed.
- Warranty disclaimer. THE WEB SITE CONTENT AND FUNCTIONALITY PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEB SITE, AND THIRD PARTY SITES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, PRO DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PRO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEB SITE AND ITS FEATURES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING THE COMMUNITY AREAS, OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
PRO DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR RESULTS OF USE OF THE WEB SITE CONTENT OR THIRD PARTY SITES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, APPROPRIATENESS IN A GIVEN SITUATION, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.YOU ASSUME ALL RISK OF ERRORS AND/OR OMISSIONS IN THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING THE TRANSMISSION OR TRANSLATION OF INFORMATION. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR IMPLEMENTING SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND CHECKS TO SATISFY YOUR REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ACCURACY AND SUITABILITY OF THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN, AND FOR MAINTAINING ANY MEANS THAT YOU MAY REQUIRE FOR THE RECONSTRUCTION OF LOST DATA OR SUBSEQUENT MANIPULATIONS OR ANALYSES OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREUNDER; YOU (AND NOT PRO) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
- Limitation of liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL PRO OR ITS SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES NOR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR BASED ON THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE, OR FOR ANY WEB SITE CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF PRO OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT PRO AND ITS SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER OF THIS WEB SITE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless PRO and its subsidiaries and suppliers and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, from and against claims, actions, suits, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees at all levels) arising out of or based on (a) any material posted or otherwise provided by you that is illegal or infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy, (b) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with your use of the web site; (c) your entry of false, misleading, fraudulent, discriminatory or defamatory information into, or your omission of material information from, a database, form, Web board or other discussion forum provided through the web site; (c) any non-compliance by you with the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and (d) claims brought by third parties arising from or related to your access or use of the web site.
- Termination. This Agreement and the license rights granted hereunder can be terminated at any time by PRO and for any reason and without notice. You may terminate at anytime by discontinuing use. Termination or suspension of this Agreement or your access rights shall not affect any right or relief to which PRO or its subsidiaries may be entitled, at law or in equity. Upon termination of this Agreement, all rights granted to you will terminate and revert to PRO and its licensors.
- Modification. PRO reserves the right to amend this Agreement, with such amendments becoming effective upon notice thereof, which may be provided to you by posting on the web site, via e-mail or any other reasonable means. Continued use of the web site by you shall be deemed to indicate your acceptance of any such amendments. PRO also reserves the right to modify, add or discontinue any aspect, content or feature of the web site at any time without notice to you.
- Non-U.S. access. This web site is controlled and operated by PRO from its offices within the state of Florida, United States of America. PRO makes no representation that the Web Site Content is appropriate or available for use outside the United States. Those who choose to access this web site from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent that local laws are applicable. Software from this web site is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this web site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (A) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods, or (B) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By using the web site, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
- Dispute resolution. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and venue will be in Pinellas County, Florida with each party agreeing not to contest or seek to change venue.
- Miscellaneous. You may not assign any of your rights, obligations or privileges hereunder without the prior written consent of PRO. Any assignment other than as provided for in this Section shall be null and void. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This Agreement and any posted operating rules constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between the parties with respect to such subject matter. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. The titles and subtitles used in this Agreement are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting this Agreement. Sections 7, 8, 9, 10, 14 and 15 will survive termination of this Agreement.