PRO/CPRO provides its REALTOR® members with an array of real estate-related programs, products and services, including professional development, legislative advocacy, and business enhancers. Additionally, PRO/CPRO regularly responds to queries from the general public and promotes use of Association members in facilitating the transfer of real property.
As with the entire REALTOR® Association, PRO/CPRO does not enforce real estate law or issue real estate licenses. Its mechanism for ensuring fairness and integrity in real estate transactions is the REALTOR® Code of Ethics.
Our support team is here to help all members, from rookie agents to seasoned brokers.
Make the most of the real estate tools, apps, statistics, networking, and information that comes with your membership.
Grow your business and earn more! Agents and brokers of all types can take advantage of our award-winning programs.
We are the REALTORS’® voice at all levels of government. Learn how to get involved to strengthen our industry and community.
Members understand that thriving communities that benefit everyone is the heart of real estate. Learn how you can be a local hero.
Pinellas REALTOR® Organization (PRO) and Central Pasco REALTOR® Organization (CPRO) is a result of over 100 years of REALTOR® organizations in this area. The first REALTOR® organization in Pinellas County was established in 1912 by A.P. Avery, called the St. Petersburg Real Estate Exchange. Avery established the Exchange at the perfect time – national banks were authorized to make mortgage loans on urban real estate and the Federal Reserve Act passed which allowed farm lending by national banks. The U.S. Department of Labor launched the “Buy a Home” campaign. Property in Pinellas goes quickly, and REALTORS® facilitate those transactions.
In the 1920s, other local associations start to form. Clearwater REALTORS® Association is established in 1921, changes its name to Clearwater Real Estate Board in 1925, changes their name again a year later to Greater Clearwater Real Estate Board, but is dropped from national membership in 1928 for delinquent dues payments. They reorganize in 1930 and rejoin the national association, and undergoes another name change in 1941 to Clearwater Board of REALTORS®. In 1962 they change their name to Clearwater-Largo Board of REALTORS®.
In 1939 the Gulf Beach Board of REALTORS® is founded but is dissolved in 1943, then reinstated in 1954. They undergo a name change in 1969 – Gulf Beach-Seminole Board of REALTORS®. They merged with the St. Petersburg Board in 1987 and is then know as St. Petersburg Suncoast Association of REALTORS®.
Dunedin Board of REALTORS® formed in 1948. In the 1966 they merged with Clearwater-Largo Board of REALTORS® to form Clearwater-Largo-Dunedin Board of REALTORS®. In 1985 they changed their name to Greater Clearwater Board of REALTORS®, and in 1992 they swap the word Board for Association.
Two years into the new millennium, St. Petersburg Suncoast Association of REALTORS® merged with Greater Clearwater Board of REALTORS® to form Pinellas REALTOR® Organization (PRO) in 2002. 16 years later, PRO merged with Central Pasco Association of REALTORS® to form PRO/CPRO. We are now one of Tampa Bay’s largest professional trade associations, representing the interests of over 10,000 real estate professionals in Pinellas and Pasco Counties.